Service InformationWe provide a complete highly personalised management service for your investment properties, which include:
- Thorough screening of tenants
- Detailed in-going and out-going inspection reports
- Full property photographs
- Regular quarterly inspections, with a written report sent to you
- Repair and Maintenance service
- Detailed monthly statements
- Full end of year financial reports
- As members of Real Estate Institute of South Australia we use of all REISA documentation covering all legal requirements
- 24 hour assistance
Internet AdvertisingWe have a great deal of success with advertising properties on our website: nealerealty.com.au Many interstate and overseas prospective tenants have commented on the convenience of being able to logon to the internet and browse through the properties that are available to rent in the suburbs of their choice prior to their arrival in Adelaide
Ideas To ConsiderThe following are ideas for you to consider to help you maximise the potential of your investment property. Please remember that these are suggestions only and may not necessarily apply to you.
- First Impressions are Lasting Impressions - Check that your property looks attractive from the street or you may find it difficult to get decent tenants in the front door.
- Spring Clean - Tidy up, hold a garage sale and get rid of anything you don’t need.
- Light - Light houses rent well, open curtains and turn on lights before inspections.
- Smell - Have carpets cleaned and open windows before inspections. Fresh air smells the best.
- Kitchen and Bathroom - The most important rooms in the house. Squeaky clean they must be.
- Gardens - Prune trees and shrubs to a manageable state. Overgrown gardens give the impression of being too difficult to look after.
- Outside - Spruce up the exterior by washing down or repainting. Clean guttering, brush away leaves and cobwebs.
- Little Things - Fix all those "little things", the loose doorknob, the screen that won’t close or that leaky tap.
- Cupboards - Clean out cupboards - storage space is a definite letting feature.
- Choose The Right Letting Agent - Yes, it really does make a difference.
Tenant SelectionBecause, like you, we want the best possible tenant for your property, our criteria for finding suitable tenants is strict and we make no apology for this approach. All prospective tenants complete an REISA Tenancy Application Form and supply proof of identity. This information is processed and all employment and previous landlords’ references are qualified. Once appropriate applicants have been established, we will contact you to discuss their suitability and finalise the tenancy.
DocumentationWe will prepare the Residential Tenancy Agreement in accordance with your instructions. We will lodge the bond with the Residential Tenancies Tribunal. This bond is held there until the end of the tenancy when a final inspection is conducted and the bond is released accordingly.
Landlord Protection PolicyWe recommend that our Landlords have Landlord Protection Insurance. This is a comprehensive cover and is tax deductable. Our preferred Insurers are:
- Terri Scheer ($295 p.a) approx
- loss of rent,
- malicious damage
- unscheduled tenant departures
- content insurance