Nestled behind a beautiful stone wall, and enjoying the acoustic benefits of a combination of bluestone construction and double glazed windows, this wonderful character home offers the new owners the opportunity to secure a prestigious Medindie address with the freedom to adapt the property to their own unique requirements.
The front four rooms of the main house are currently utilised as two beautiful bedrooms and a formal lounge with adjoining study. The existing layout lends itself to the possibility to enjoy the front room as a wonderful master bedroom with adjoining dressing room or even the perfect space for the addition of an ensuite bathroom.
Continuing further through the property, the spacious kitchen is filled with beautiful natural light thanks to the cleverly located skylights. The central island and large wrap around bench tops allow for plenty of preparation space for even the most adventurous chef and the adjoining dining room offers the perfect space for entertaining a large collection of family and friends.
The open lounge at the back of the house overlooks the private leafy garden and wraps around a spacious bedroom complete with large built-in wardrobes. A generous family bathroom featuring a classic claw foot bath and separate shower together with a European style laundry complete the footprint of the main residence.
The detached two storey coach house is the surprising secret ingredient in this magical piece of Medindie. Downstairs, the open plan living and dining areas are complemented by a galley style kitchen together with a neat bathroom. Traveling up the intriguing spiral staircase the bedroom features a striking cathedral ceiling and beautiful polished timber floor. Currently utilised as rented guest accommodation, this amazing space will appeal to those looking to accommodate a large family or someone searching for a spacious home office or unique creative space.
Key features include:
• Stone fronted character villa
• Flexible floor plan with eight rooms in the main residence
• Two storey detached coach house with kitchenette & bathroom
• Outside storage room or perfect workshop
• Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning
• Character fireplaces and polished timber floors
• Natural stone wall & remote gate access
• Two car carport
• Low maintenance gardens with pretty rotunda
• Easy walking distance to the parklands and North Adelaide
• Close to Wilderness & St Andrews schools
• Zoned to Walkerville & North Adelaide Primary Schools
• Zoned to Adelaide & Adelaide Botanic High Schools
CT / Volume 5435 Folio 991
Council / Walkerville
Zoning / Residential
Built / 1910
Internal / 169 m2 (approx.)
Land / 640 m2 (approx.)
Council Rates / $ 2,132.40 pa (approx.)
SA Water / $ 251.41 pq (supply & Sewerage) (approx.)
ES Levy / $ 198.80 pa (approx.)